RAW HONEY: NATURES SWEET WONDER
Raw honey is a remarkable natural sweetener with numerous benefits. Unlike processed honey, raw honey is unfiltered and unheated, preserving its natural goodness. It’s a powerhouse of nutrition, containing vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Raw honey is not just a sweet treat; it offers a range of health benefits, such as boosting the immune system and acting as a natural energy source. Its antibacterial and wound-healing properties have been utilized in traditional medicine for centuries.
Fun fact: Raw honey, when stored properly will NEVER expire, it is one of the only food that never expires.
RAW VS PROCESSED HONEY
Many individuals may question the distinction between raw and processed honey, but once you experience the richness of raw honey, it’s an undeniable game-changer. The difference in taste alone is remarkable, leaving a lasting impression that will make it challenging to revert to processed alternatives.
Raw honey processing is a straightforward procedure. It uses the real, raw honeycomb, which is placed into a wax or stainless steel spinner. This extracts the honey while filtering out unwanted elements like beeswax and larger particles. Once this process is complete, the raw honey is primed for bottling, with no alterations to its natural composition whatsoever.
On the contrary, regular honey takes a different path. Some reports have found that certain processed honey products contain less than 10% authentic honey. Many honey has added processed sugar which is not good for the body. For those manufacturers that do use genuine honey, it undergoes a heat-treatment process that not only changes the honey’s molecular structure but also strips it of precious pollen, essential nutrients, and other valuable minerals. Whether you’re seeking an unparalleled taste experience or the preservation of honey’s natural integrity, the choice between raw and processed honey is far from insignificant.
Benefits of Raw honey
- Nutrient-Rich: Raw honey is packed with essential nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which can contribute to a healthy diet.
- Insomnia Relief: Raw honey promotes melatonin production, helping you sleep longer and harder. Just a teaspoon or two will do the trick!
- Allergy Relief: Some people find relief from seasonal allergies by consuming local raw honey, as it may help build immunity to local pollens.
- Gut Health: Raw honey is considered a prebiotic because of all the healthy enzymes, this is why it can help with digestion and gut issues.
- Acne Treatment: Raw honey’s antimicrobial properties make it a natural treatment for acne when used in face masks and scrubs.
Raw honey is also a wonderful source of natural carbohydrates, so if you’re trying to cut out grains and still get carbs in your diet, this is an excellent source.
The benefits of raw honey could go on and on, but we would be here quite awhile.
Remember that while raw honey offers many benefits, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. It’s also essential to source high-quality raw honey to ensure you receive the full range of benefits.