Red Light Therapy and Infrared Sauna are two therapies that each utilize parts of the light and infrared spectrum, respectively. They are somewhat similar but each of these has their own unique benefits. At Tree of Life these therapies can also be combined to create a powerhouse of benefits. Let’s explore each of these incredible healing therapies.
Red Light Therapy
Red Light Therapy is simply the red light from the visible light spectrum combined with near infrared light. Near infrared is another form of light that is invisible and non-heating. This therapy utilizes LED panels to deliver the light in a therapeutic way. It sounds simple, but it is also incredibly powerful. Red light and near infrared wavelengths penetrate the body, think similar to an x-ray, but without harmful radiation, and can affect many different processes on the body. There has been a great deal of emerging scientific research on red light therapy and many studies are confirming its benefits.
- Aids in muscle recovery & wound healing
- Reduces inflammation
- Supports collagen production
- Alleviates pain
- Increases ATP which our cells use for energy
- Normalizes circadian rhythm & supports a good nights sleep
- Promotes cell regeneration
An infrared sauna utilizes another spectrum of invisible light called, you guessed it, infrared. Infrared consists of near, middle and far infrared wavelengths. Each of these wavelengths have their own unique benefits. Infrared rays penetrate through the skin and into the body where the tissues absorb it. This spectrum of light is heating to the body and does not contain any harmful rays as well. Just healing heat. This stimulates the body’s cardiovascular, lymphatic, circulatory and immune systems.
- Improves skin appearance
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Eases muscle & joint pain and stiffness
- Improve heart health and support healthy blood pressure
- Aids in detoxification through deep sweating
- Strengthen the immune system
- Acts as a form of passive cardio: increasing heart rate & burning calories
At Tree of Life we can offer Red Light Therapy + Infrared Sauna in combination. This creates a powerhouse fusion of therapies to offer you the best benefits!