While it is absolutely possible to meet all of your nutritional needs through food alone, many of us struggle to complete our daily values. Our modern-day diet is typically high-calorie yet severely lacks essential nutrients!
In 2015, a CDC analysis found that only 9% of adults ate the recommended amount of vegetables, and 12% of adults met the recommendations for fruit.
So what even are the recommendations?
It varies from person to person on the amount needed, but most studies show great benefits when eating 2-5 cups per day of each for the average person.
So what is the easiest way to get all your servings in? Below are a few tips to help you consume more nutritious and delicious foods!
- After your grocery hauls, prep your fruits and vegetables RIGHT AWAY! Wash, cut up, contain, etc.
- Aim for 1.5-2 cups at each meal, even with breakfast! Whether you throw some spinach in your smoothies or with your egg omelets, get it in.
- Utilize salads and side salads- They are one of the EASIEST ways to get an abundance of nutrients. Knock out both your fruits and vegetables with a Citrus Salad! https://thishealthytable.com/blog/citrus-pomegranate-salad/
- Try preparing veggies in different ways. Sautéed or oven-roasted with healthy oils brings a whole new flavor to them!
- When on the go or in a rush, try dipping carrots, celery, peppers, and jicama, in a healthy dip such as hummus or a clean ranch.
If eating 5-10 servings of fruits and vegetables is something that may be difficult to do every day, try NutriDyns Fruits and Greens! This powder formula is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and even digestive enzymes to help supplement a serving of fruits and vegetables. With 8 different flavors, there will be something you will LOVE!
At Tree of Life, we offer samples packets of the flavors, a sampler pack, and full containers of this supplement! Try them in smoothies, water, or even make iced coffee with them!
Our top three sellers!